Clinical Research Coordinator
New Horizons Clinical Research (NHCR) is a phase I-IV clinical research site located in Blue Ash, Ohio and is seeking a full time, experienced Clinical Research Coordinator to coordinate and implement pharmaceutical clinical trials in accordance with the standards of good clinical practice.
Minimum Requirements: The ideal candidate must have 2+ years of Clinical Research experience (RN/BSN is highly desired), strong communication, organizational and computer skills. Candidates must be professional, detail oriented and committed to excellence in clinical research. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Strong knowledge of FDA regulations, IRB requirement, and Good Clinical Practices is required.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Interested applicants please submit resume.
To recruit appropriate subjects into clinical research trials in accordance with the standards of good clinical practice.
Responsible for overall daily recruitment activities on all assigned enrolling protocols:
• Conduct outgoing patient recruitment calls and answer inbound calls
• Conduct subject screening by identifying the patient’s diagnosis based on protocol inclusion / exclusion
• Process potential patients from a variety of sources (for example, television, radio, internet, chart reviews, print, database, referrals) and document in computer system accordingly
• Complete detailed medical history on potential screening subjects in CTMS
• Schedule potential subjects
• Respond to potential subject inquiries in a timely and efficient manner
• Demonstrate knowledge of the Company’s clinical research studies as well as the diagnoses and medical terminology that is involved in each study
• Responsible for understanding the protocols and exclusions and a comprehensive understanding of each trial being conducted
• Establishing rapport and ensuring courteous and efficient service is provided to callers, site locations and all customers including but not limited to the patients, subjects, potential subjects, doctors, pharmaceutical sponsors, and all levels within the company
• Administrative tasks as assigned, such as checking email and voicemail and take appropriate action on messages. Maintaining online recruitment systems’ as well as data entry as needed
• Additional duties/responsibilities may be assigned as needed
POSITION REQUIREMENT QUALIFICATIONS
• At least two-years’ experience in a medical or clinical research setting. (Clinical research or patient recruiting experience strongly preferred)
• Experience with a CTMS system preferred
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently as well as with co-workers, peers, supervisors and external customers
• Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads
• Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic
• Must possess a high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines, patient matters and other sensitive information
• Critical thinker and problem solver
• Friendly, outgoing personality; maintain a positive attitude under pressure
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word) and Web applications
Education: High School Diploma required
Personal/Characteristics: Must be mature, articulate, motivated, and pleasant. Must demonstrate ability to prioritize tasks, and work well under stress. Position requires multi-task capabilities, ability to work with strict deadlines, quick turnaround times, and strong organizational skills.
Interpersonal/Communication Skills: Must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills and maintain flexible, positive attitude. Position requires daily communications with, clinical staff and patients. Prefer candidate to be good natured and able to go above and beyond responsibilities.
Medical Skills: Proficiency in medical terminology. Familiarity with pharmaceutical drugs preferred.
New Horizons Clinical Research
Attn: Human Resources
4260 Glendale Milford Road
Cincinnati, OH 45242
Or email your resume through the link beneath the job listing